ပထမစစခ်င္း ေ၀ါဟာရေတြရဲ႕အဓိပၸာယ္ကို dictionary ထဲမွာမရွာပဲနဲ႕ ေအာက္ကေလ့က်င့္ခန္းေလးနဲ႕စမ္းႀကည့္ပါ။
Vocabulary မ်ား၏အဓိပၸာယ္ေတြကုိ စာေႀကာင္းေတြကေနခန္႕မွန္းျပီးေတာ့ ေအာက္တြင္ေဖာ္ျပထားေသာသံုးလံုးထဲမွအနီးစပ္ဆံုးစာလံုးကိုေရြးပါ။
1) acknowledge - v
- Stubborn people often find it difficult to acknowledge their errors. They hate to admit they were wrong.
- Even after most of the votes had been counted, Senator Rice refused to acknowledge that he had lost.
Acknowledge means- a. to deny b. to admit c. to remember
2) alternative - n
- The teacher stated the alternatives to Tim-retake the test or get a D for the course.
- When her dog began to suffer from cancer, Wanda felt she had no alternative. He would have to be put to sleep.
Alternative means- a. a choice b. a command c. an assignment
3) anecdote - n
- Dad told the children an anecdote about getting his tie caught in a file cabinet at work just as the boss walked in.
- I once heard an anecdote about a stagehand's revenge on a bossy actor. The stagehand put wheels on a table used in the play, so when the actor leaped onto the table during the most dramatic scene, he rolled straight off into the wings.
Anecdote means- a. an error b.a short, interesting story c. an article
4) appropriate- adj
- Chuck has little sense of what is socially appropriate. For example, he went to his sister's wedding in running shoes.
- Although it is appropriate for a man to take his hat off in church, in a synagogue it is proper for a man to cover his head.
Appropriate means- a.illegal b. fun c. proper
5) avert- v
- Renata averted an unpleasant meeting with her ex-boyfriend by leaving the store before he saw her.
- To avert an accident, Larry turned his car sharply to the right and ran into a stop sign.
Avert means- a. to begin b. to prevent c. to report
6) candid- adj
- I'll give you my candid opinion, but you may not like what you hear.
- My heart always sinks when Robbie invites me to his house for dinner. He's a wonderful person, but to be candid, he's a terrible cook.
Candid means- a. honest b. friendly c. careful
7) compel- v
- My history teacher would often compel us to do useless work, such as memorizing the date each state entered the union.
- If the law did not compel people to pay taxes, no one would pay them.
Compel means- a. to help b. to forbid c. to force
8) comply- v
- If someone with an iron pipe demands your wallet, it is safer to comply than to resist.
- "My wife is so used to being the boss at work, " Martin said, "that she is annoyed when I don't comply with her every request at home."
Comply means- a. to argue b. to do as asked c. to hear
9) concise- adj
- Because of limited space, most newspaper articles must be concise.
- Unlike many politicians, our mayor is concise- his speeches are short but say much.
Concise means- a. wordy b. correct c. clear and brief
10) drastic- adj
- The company's new president took drastic steps, closing two factories and laying off three hundred employees.
- "This time I will let you off with just an hour of staying after school, " the pricncipal said, " But if it happens again, the punishment will be more drastic."
Drastic means- a. unimportant b. extreme c. easy
1) acknowlege- C [ ၀န္ခံသည္ ]
2) alternative - A [ ေရြးခ်ယ္ျခင္း ]
3) anecdote - B [ ပံုျပင္တုိ ]
4) appropriate - C [ သင့္ေတာ္သည္ ]
5) avert - B [ ကာကြယ္သည္ ]
6) candid - A [ ပြင့္လင္းသည္ ]
7) compel - C [ အတင္းအက်ပ္ခုိင္းေစသည္ ]
8) comply - B [ လုိက္နာသည္ ]
9) concise- C [ လိုရင္းတုိရွင္း]
10) drastic- B [ ျပင္းထန္ထိေရာက္ေသာ]
အခုအဓိပၸာယ္ေတြသိသြားျပီဆိုေတာ့ ဒီေလ့က်င့္ခန္းေလးကိုစမ္းေျဖႀကည့္ပါဦး။ Defintions ေတြကိုသက္ဆုိင္ရာစာလံုးမ်ားႏွင့္တြဲေပးပါ။
1) To do as commanded or asked
2) Proper; suitable to the situation
3) A choice
4) Extreme; harsh or intense
5) To admit or confess
6) To force
7) Very honest
8) An interesting short story about an event
9) Saying much in a few clear words
10) To prevent; to avoid
ဤေလ့က်င့္ခန္း၏အေျဖႏွင့္ ေနာက္ဆက္တြဲေလ့က်င့္ခန္းမ်ားကို ေနာက္ေန႕တြင္ ဆက္လက္တင္ဆက္ပါမည္။
မွတ္ခ်က္.. Building Vocabulary Skills စာအုပ္မွကူးယူေဖာ္ျပပါသည္။